At 605 we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, marketing strategists and political operatives. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
605 is looking for highly motivated and creative-thinking engineering students who are eager to explore in the full stack. You will be joining us for the summer in our NYC office. You’ll get to tackle new and interesting challenges with big data while integrating the front-end with the data layer. Working alongside seasoned engineers, you’ll grow your skills and learn cutting-edge technologies as we launch new big-data products in media analytics.
You should be comfortable with data structures and both the application and presentation layers of software architecture. You won’t just be working with technology, however - our engineering interns may also be called upon to work collaboratively with analysts and business users. Most importantly, you’ll be working with exciting new tech that processes hundreds of millions of rows of data per day.
In this job you will:
- Write clean code in a tight-knit, collaborative, agile environment
- Participate in standups and scrum sessions
- Help create dashboards and data visualization for internal and external use
- Collaborate with other engineers and designers, both internal and external, in order to integrate various aspects of new and existing products
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- You have at least junior status (master’s candidate welcome) with courses in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with a web framework (e.g., Ruby/Rails or Python/Django) and a solid understanding of the MVC design pattern
- Experience with a lower-level language (e.g., Java, C/C++, C#)
- Understanding of test-driven development
- Comfort with version control systems (e.g., Git, SVN)
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and consume new information
- A basic understanding of statistics
- Experience working with data at scale and comfort with Spark, Map/Reduce, or Redshift
- Join a mission-aligned team dedicated to delivering outstanding service to clients and fostering individual growth
- Work that provides structured projects that introduce, develop, and hone relevant industry skills, while also giving space for self-directed and collaborative exploration of new ideas, tools, and skills
- Exposure to a variety of high-impact business problems
- A kitchen stocked with soda, yogurt and other snacks