At 605 we are engineers, analysts, data scientists, media experts, marketing strategists and political operatives. Our team of data scientists pioneered the field of TV data analytics. We offer unique, independent audience measurement and analytics to build better marketing and programming initiatives within the media and entertainment industries.
605 is looking for a Scrum Master / Project Manager to help the Engineering team deliver 605 Product initiatives. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to facilitate Engineering team collaboration and roll-out of products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy. Project Managers within the Engineering department will be responsible for ensuring the day to day coordination of projects involving Engineering and any parties external to the Engineering department.
- Engage with Stakeholders on a need basis (Legal, Data Solutions, Product, Marketing etc)
- Responsible for dealing with operational issues & removing impediments
- Facilitate dailies and all Scrum ceremonies- stand-ups, retrospective, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure communication and efficiency of the development team
- Provide Support, administration on Jira systems/Confluence for all of business needs
- Collaborate with the team to make sure priorities are well understood and the Jira board is cleaned and up to date
- Monitor & manage project risk
- Track things like story point burndown, epic burndown etc. Forecast these metrics.
- Provide summaries of team work at internal sprint reviews, and bring up issues the team has to management
- Schedule, coordinate, and manage releases with Product Manager on release planning and drive the Engineering team to continuous delivery
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- At least 4 years of experience as a project manager or equivalent role
- Experience in agile environments, Jira, Confluence
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Curiosity, interest in learning and strong problem solving skills
- Solutions oriented thinking
- Experience in the US television industry
- Experience in the advertising industry
- Basic understanding of any of the following Technologies is a plus (Airflow ETL, EMR, Spark,Splunk, open source API’s)
- Comfortable working with both in house and external developers/technology
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for employees and their families
- Life insurance
- 401k with match, eligible for match after one year
- Pre-tax flexible compensation plan for medical, transit, parking or dependent care expenses
- PTO & Sick days—if you’re sick, you stay home
- Work-from-home Fridays
- A kitchen stocked with sodas, snacks, yogurt and other goodies
- A tight-knit startup community who likes to eat! We celebrate everyone’s birthdays, have frequent team lunches, and do events in and out of the office
- 605 is an active participant in conferences
At 605, we’re just as passionate about diversity as we are about pioneering the field of TV data analytics. We are committed to cultivating an environment of mutual respect and equal opportunity. All hiring and advancement decisions are made on the basis of qualification, merit, and business need.